When updating window treatments, most homeowners get confused between the option of window blinds and plantation shutters. While both options are incredibly versatile, they are not suitable for every architectural style. Before choosing a window treatment for your home, it is best to learn more about its distinguishing features and the fundamental differences to enhance the overall architecture of your home. Here is a quick guide to help you figure out which window treatment best suits your space.
Window Blinds: Who Are They For?
Window blinds in Toronto come in many shapes and sizes to ensure that they fit your windows perfectly. They have many vertical or horizontal slants that offer adequate light filtration and privacy. You can not only raise or lower the slants but also tilt them to block out the light to keep your home nice and private.
Benefits of Installing Window Blinds!
- Functional And Efficient Design: Window blinds come in a wide assortment of fabrics, colors, and textures that suits the aesthetics of your home.
- Light Control: Custom blinds in Toronto offer excellent light control. With a twist of slants, you can block sunlight and provide complete privacy.
- Durability: Window blinds are made for long-term use and have a sturdier structure.
How to Decide Whether They Are Right For Your Home?
Window blinds are ideal for people who like control over how much light must enter their homes. Since they come in vertical and horizontal slant options, it is best to install them for sliding doors, patios, and other large-sized windows. They are also ideal for places with moisture and humidity, like bathrooms and kitchens, as they are moisture-resistant and less likely to warp when in contact with condensation.
Plantation Shutters: Who Are They For?
When you think of plantation shutters, you may imagine gorgeous white Caribbean houses. In reality, they are versatile and can be custom-fit to your home and office architecture. Typically on the expensive side, these window treatments are durable and can help you enhance the aesthetics of your property.
Benefits of Window Shutters in Toronto!
- Safety And Privacy: While blinds and shutters both offer effective light filtration, plantation shutters are cordless. This adds a safety element to homes with kids and pets. Furthermore, a tight fit keeps prying eyes away from your home or office.
- Insulation: Window shutters are one of the most energy-efficient window dressing treatments available. They work as excellent insulators that help you trap cold air and reduce your energy bills.
- Aesthetics And Easy Maintenance: The best thing about these window treatments is that they are available in many styles, materials, and colors. Also, they do not require washing or dry cleaning. You can easily wipe over the blades, and they will look as good as new.
How to Decide If They Are You?
While plantation shutters offer an elegant look, they are ideal for dining and living rooms. If you are looking for long-term window coverings for your home or office, plantation shutters will provide durability and are an excellent investment. Many commercial establishments and restaurants opt for custom shutters because of their unique appeal and long-lasting benefits.
Get Maximum Benefit By Opting For Both Window Shutters & Blinds!
If you like the look of both window shutters and blinds, you can mix and match them to achieve a balance. Whether you want a tailored look or maximum sunlight, pairing both of these window treatments can help you achieve the desired look.
Choose the Right Treatment With Our Window Experts!
At Kremer Blinds, we have professional window experts who know the latest trends in the industry and can help you beautify your home or office. If you are having trouble deciding between horizontal shutters or blinds, our specialist will guide you and provide you with valuable advice on where you should invest.
We are available for consultation at 416-841-1682! You can write to us at email@example.com to learn more about our exclusive selection of window blinds and shutters.