Hanging window blinds and shades can have a transformative effect on any room. The right window treatment can even create an illusion that you have more space or a heightened ceiling. However, you need to ask yourself is which window treatment is most suitable for your home. From room darkening motorized blinds to light filtering vertical blinds, homeowners have many options to choose from. If you are baffled by all these choices, here is a guide to help you make the right decision!
Which Window Treatment Should You Choose for Your Home?
Light filtering, room darkening, and blackout window blinds in Mississauga are popular window treatments because they are efficient and easy to use. Here are a few things you need to know to make your selection process a little easier:
- Understand Light Filtering Blinds
A common misconception that homeowners have is that light filtering and room darkening window treatments work in the same way. In reality, there’s a difference between them.
Light filtering blinds are better for rooms that don’t require complete privacy or darkness, such as your living room or kitchen. Although they don’t allow absolute darkness, they come in different opacities to help you to shield oncoming light. From sheer to semi-sheer, there are multiple material choices for homeowners. You can pick one from a wide variety of products that best suits your functional and aesthetic needs. Depending on the color and the material you choose, these light filtering blinds and shades can either lend you a warm glow or a cooler radiance.
- Room Darkening Blinds Are For Total Privacy
While light filtering window treatments allow you to filter some light, room darkening blinds and shades are installed to shield the light completely. Room darkening blinds are perfect for bedrooms and bathrooms that require total privacy. If you live in cities such as Toronto with hot weather, these window shades can help you keep the heat out and ensure energy efficiency.
Besides blocking out the light, room darkening window treatments also offer excellent insulation properties. Based on their light filtering capabilities, you work with a specialist who has experience with fabric choices to get the best window dressing solution for your home.
- Room Darkening & Blackout Blinds Are Different
Most homeowners think that blackout blinds and room darkening treatments have a similar working mechanism. However, blackout blinds are an option for homeowners who want to block the light. They block nearly 100% of light coming into your rooms, while room darkening blinds offer up to 95% light filtration. If you are looking for quality sleep, lower energy costs, and enhanced privacy, blackout blinds can help you create the perfect environment.
- Making the Ultimate Decision
Now that you’ve understood how these window treatments work, it’s time to make the final decision. Consider these final tips to ensure that you get the right fit!
- Choose a style that suits your home’s aesthetics: Window blinds and shapes come in a spectrum of colors and patterns to suit your interior and exterior architecture. You can opt for a minimalistic or frivolous style to make sure that your windows stand out.
- Consider the Space: For the kitchen and bathroom, you need window blinds and shades that are moisture-resistant. Similarly, for the living room and dining room, you need aesthetic and functional binds.
- Privacy and Safety: Homeowners with children and pets can opt for cordless window blinds and shades.
Blinds and Shades to Keep Your Home Naturally Lit
If you are wondering which type of window blind or shade you should use to help your rooms get just enough soothing light, here are a few options:
- Venetian Blinds: Venetian blinds have been popular light filtering blinds among homeowners because of their versatility and practicality. You can pull it up completely to let the sunshine filter into your room or pull it down to completely block the light. You can also tilt the louvers to filter the amount of light and protect your privacy.
- Dual Sheer Shades/Custom Sheer Shades: Dual sheer shades add a touch of elegance and are more suited for residential and commercial purposes. Besides, they are available in transparent, semi-sheer, and other material options for the desired light filtration.
- Graphic Window Shades: If you are looking for a more creative solution, graphic window shades can be a great choice. Quick to install, these window shades can give your room a lot of character and depth. They are also ideal for commercial applications.
- Maxxmar Banded Opera Tri-Shades: These shades come as an additional blackout screen and can easily be paired with different kinds of blinds and shades to control the light entering your room. Furthermore, they are available in a wide variety of textures, fabrics, and colors.
- Roman Shades: These light filtering blinds are clean, sophisticated, and customizable to ensure the perfect fit.
Blinds and Shades to Keep Your Home Dark & Private
Room darkening blinds are ideal for homeowners who want a darkening effect. These window coverings in Mississauga are available in different styles, that includes:
- Honeycomb Blinds: The most valuable aspect about honeycomb blinds is that they are energy efficient and have a sleek design. This makes them a practical choice for homeowners looking for privacy and light filtration.
- Motorized Blinds: Convenient and fuss-free motorized blinds are the go-to options for homeowners looking for efficient room darkening treatments. It allows for easy operation from a remote control unit and is cordless that means they are safe and reliable for homes with kids and pets.
- Roller Shades: The timeless accent of roller blinds curbs aggressive UV rays for the utmost comfort and privacy. They fit beautifully into any space and are easy to install, operate, and maintain. You can also opt for additional motorization and cord options for convenience and accessibility.
Let Us Transform Your Home with Our Window Treatments
Kremer Blinds offers the finest quality window blinds in Mississauga. You can choose from our vibrant collection of custom draperies and room darkening blinds and shades. We will provide you with complete support throughout the process to ensure that you have the best buying experience.